Magellan Active Website Version 1.22 has been released.
Magellan Active now supports the OAuth authorization protocol for granting other websites and applications access to your Magellan Active data. This means you will no longer have to supply another website or application with your Magellan username and password in order for them to access your data. The old authorization method still works, but it will no longer be supported at some point in the future, so we will work with websites and applications to move them over to the new authorization method.
Magellan Active Website Version 1.21 has been released.
If you are in the 1.5% of our users on IE 9 it’s time to rejoice! Otherwise, nothing here to see folks.
- Behind the scenes improvements – “what happens in DevOps, stays in DevOps“
- Resolved issue with Internet Explorer 9 (64 bit) where it asks to install the Magellan Active Browser Plugin even if it is already installed
Magellan Active Website Version 1.20 has been released.
- Made various updates to the Magellan Echo Series Getting Started pages, including a compatible Devices page with information on Android support and compatible Applications including Jog Note and Men’s Health Personal Trainer
- Added AddApp to Apps using API Feature page.
- Resolved issue with Activity Name not updating on Activity page when value edited
The Magellan Active website is built upon a powerful API that interacts with your activity data. As part of our pledge to empower developers to extend the functionality of the Magellan Active website and API, we allow key partners to add activities to Magellan Active from within their applications and also allow any developer you’ve granted authorization to retrieve all of your activity data. We’d like to highlight the latest partner to take your Magellan Active activity data and literally “run with it”. Meet Smashrun.
Smashrun is a data visualization platform that helps runners analyze their training progress. Importing Magellan data is as easy as linking a Magellan Active account. Once imported, runners can view a visual dashboard of their training history and be able to track their training consistency, volume, and effort distribution. Runners will also have access to daily ranks and badges for running achievements.
Connecting Magellan Active with Smashrun
- Once logged in to Smashrun, go to Settings > Sync > Magellan Active.
- Specify Email & Password for your Magellan user account.
- Select Connect.
- Smashrun will query for new runs.
Magellan Active Website Version 1.18 has been released.
- Updated translations for all supported languages.
- Added SmashRun to Apps using API Feature page.
- Resolved issue with disconnecting from Facebook & Twitter
- Corrected inconsistencies with word capitalization on Start pages.
- Fixed issue with favicon not showing on mobile version of website.
- Made various other bug fixes.
Magellan Active Website Version 1.17 has been released.
- Update Echo Getting Started page, remove Echo Customize page and add Echo Applications page
- Add new Apps supporting Echo to Echo Applications page (Golf Pad, AllTrails, iMobileIntervals)
- Add Echo Tutorial for iMobileIntervals
- Fixed layout issue of Navigation Menu with Mobile version of Echo Getting Started pages
- Updated URL for all references to FIT file protocol (Dynastream changed their URL)
Magellan Active Website Version 1.16 has been released.
We’ve had 5 small releases now without a blog post, so here’s what’s new in versions 1.12 through 1.16. Biggest change was adding support for change password and forgot password without having to go to www.magellangps.com.
- Added support for forgot password and change password without having to go to www.magellangps.com
- Added iSmoothRun to Apps using API page
- Made various performance improvements
- Hid the AddThis bar on Activity page when user changes privacy to private without requiring page refresh
- Fixed value of “Uploaded From” field on Activity Page when uploaded from a 3rd party app
- Corrected issue with back button support when viewing Session or Lap within an Activity
- Fixed issue with Reset Zoom button not showing on maximized view of Activity Page
- Resolved issue with back button support on Features page
- Corrected Strava support link on Echo Getting Started page
- Fixed grammatical errors and icon assignment on Echo Getting Started page
- Resolved multiple UI issues with mobile version of Echo Getting Started pages
- Corrected page not found error response code (was 500, should be 404)
Magellan Active Website Version 1.11 has been released.
We’ve added a fitness product landing page for information on purchasing and getting help with Magellan fitness products. These pages are mobile friendly and localized (languages & external links) for each of our supported regions.
Magellan Active Website Version 1.10 has been released.
For applications that support the Magellan Active API, we are now proudly displaying them on our Developer page and Features page. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in supporting the Magellan Active API.
- RunGap – Keep your complete training history from 12 popular services including Garmin, Endomondo, RunKeeper, Strava, Runtastic, Polar, Adidas, Nike+ and now Magellan Active on your your iPhone for instant viewing while on the go. View detailed information including interactive charts for statistics and individual workouts.
- Wahoo Fitness – Wahoo Fitness is a running, cycling and fitness app that harnesses the awesome power of the iPhone to transform the way you ride, run and reach your training and fitness goals. Magellan Active has been added as a source to upload your activity recordings.
- Added Apps using API section to the Developer and Features page
- Added Browser Plugin documentation section to the Developer page
- Added a Warranty link to the footer
- Will now display a notice when attempting to register a new account with an email address already associated to an existing account
- Various small bug fixes
Magellan Active Website Version 1.9 has been released.
You can now register and login with Facebook. For those of you with an existing account, you can either log in with Facebook and link to your existing Magellan user account or log in with your Magellan user account and connect to Facebook in Settings > Applications. Enjoy!
- Support for Register, Login and Connect with Facebook
- Revamped the Settings for Sharing and Applications (now just Applications)
- Improved performance of rendering the Activity page
- Resolved issues uploading valid FIT files
- Resolved issues with Activities page not showing activities
- Resolved issues with some of the data shown on the Activity page
- Added a link to the API Explorer from the Magellan Active Developer page