Magellan Active API Version 1.16 has been released.
Just a few quick fixes. Sorry, not quite as exciting as Federer-Monfils.
- Updated time offset format of “uploaded_at” field in Activity Object Response in Activity Get Method from “±hh:mm” to “±hhmm” to be consistent with the rest of the timestamp fields
- Resolved issue with “activity_source” field (“.fit” or “.gpx”) missing from Activity Object Response in Activity Get Method
Magellan Active API Version 1.15 has been released.
- Added “privacy” and “url” fields to the Activity Object and applicable Activity Method parameters
- Added User Object, User Get Method and User Edit Method
- Clarified “page” parameter for Activity Search Method
- Updated format for timestamp fields and parameters to ensure consistency across all objects and methods
- UTC (default): yyyy-MM-dd’T’hh:mm:ssZ
- Local (fields or parameters ending with “_local”): yyyy-MM-dd’T’hh:mm:ss±hhmm
- Changed the Activity Object field “name” to “activity_name” to differentiate from “location_name”
- Updated API Explorer and API Documentation to reflect all changes to the API
- Resolved bug with “uploader” field in Activity Object when an Activity is deleted and re-uploaded from a different source
- Resolved issue with uploading Activities using Activity Add Method not auto uploading to Facebook and Twitter if user has enabled the auto-post preferences to those applications
The Magellan Active website is built upon a powerful API that interacts with your activity data. As part of our pledge to empower developers to extend the functionality of the Magellan Active website and API, we allow key partners to add activities to Magellan Active from within their applications and also allow any developer you’ve granted authorization to retrieve all of your activity data. We’d like to highlight the latest partner to take your Magellan Active activity data and literally “run with it”. Meet Smashrun.
Smashrun is a data visualization platform that helps runners analyze their training progress. Importing Magellan data is as easy as linking a Magellan Active account. Once imported, runners can view a visual dashboard of their training history and be able to track their training consistency, volume, and effort distribution. Runners will also have access to daily ranks and badges for running achievements.
Connecting Magellan Active with Smashrun
- Once logged in to Smashrun, go to Settings > Sync > Magellan Active.
- Specify Email & Password for your Magellan user account.
- Select Connect.
- Smashrun will query for new runs.
Magellan Active API Version 1.13 has been released.
We’ve had 6 small releases now without a blog post, so here’s what’s new in versions 1.8 through 1.13. If you are not a developer and you try reading the change log your head may spin 360°, so consider this a warning to move on to your next reading task or enjoy the weather!
- Added “uploaded_at” and “uploader” response fields to Activity Object from Activity Get. If the activity was uploaded by a 3rd party app, this will be reflected in the “uploader” field.
- Added “min_updated_at” and “max_updated_at” parameters to Activity Search and “updated_at” response field to the Activity Object from Activity Get. By default, the “updated_at” response field is null by for old activities and “uploaded_at” for new activities. The field is updated when the activity has been deleted or edited.
- Added support for GPX files with missing <ele> tags in first and last <trkpt> elements. This was found with a GPX file exported from Endomondo.
- In addition to Wahoo Fitness, iSmoothRun was given activity add/edit/delete permissions to users who grant Magellan Active access to their apps. Both apps support “Upload to Magellan Active” in their iOS apps.
- Made various performance improvements.
- Fixed issue with Activity search options for “units” parameter. Options were “metric” & “imperial”, but should have been “metric” & “statute”.
- Corrected issue with Activity Search “max_results” response field which was documented as intended but implemented as “results_limit”.
- Updated time format for all timestamp parameters and response fields to “<YYYY>-<MM>-<DD>T<HH>:<MM>:<SS>” in order to be consistent.
- Updated Activity Search documentation of options for “activity_source” parameter & response fields. It was documented as “gpx” & “fit”, but it was implemented as “.gpx” & “.fit”. We are going to change them to their original intended values of “gpx” & “fit” in an upcoming release and update the values for existing activities.
- Updated some inaccuracies in the API documentation for responses in xml format. Other than User Access Token response, all XML responses are wrapped in <xml> elements, not <root> elements.
Magellan Active API Version 1.7 has been released.
The focus on this API update is the Magellan Active API Explorer, a homegrown visual interface for building and executing HTTP API requests. If you are a developer, this tool will help you become familiar with the Magellan Active API. Please keep in mind the Activity Add, Edit and Delete methods are restricted by API key, so if you would like write access to the API, please contact email@example.com. Give it a spin and tell us that you think!
- Magellan Active API Explorer
- Make provider parameter optional (set to magellan if unspecified)
- Request with invalid response format not returning proper status code
- Document the now optional provider=magellan parameter
- Status code for successful Activity Add call is incorrectly documented
- Document that Activity Add, Edit, Delete methods restricted by API key
Magellan Active API Version 1.6 has been released.
The focus on this API update was support for activity name.
Magellan Active API Version 1.5 has been released.
The focus on this API update was on improved support for activity uploads from GPX files.
- Improved support for activity uploads from GPX files
- Added location_name and timezone_id to the Activity Object in the Activity Get Method
- Resolved issues with the response to the Activity Search Method
Magellan Active API Version 1.4 has been released.
Just a quick fix to Timezone Offset to resolve an issue with activity start & end time times being 1 our ahead during daylights savings time.
Magellan Active API Version 1.3 has been released.
This update actually just fixes an issue with the private method for adding an activity to a user’s account. We are not ready to make this a public method at this time.
Magellan Active API Version 1.2 has been released.
We made a few updates to the API, most notably support for two new fields at the Session and Lap Objects, Average Moving Speed and Average Elapsed Speed. There was also a typo in the URL structure of the Auth Method for retrieving a user’s access token given their username and password.