Magellan Active Website Version 1.22 has been released.
Magellan Active now supports the OAuth authorization protocol for granting other websites and applications access to your Magellan Active data. This means you will no longer have to supply another website or application with your Magellan username and password in order for them to access your data. The old authorization method still works, but it will no longer be supported at some point in the future, so we will work with websites and applications to move them over to the new authorization method.
Magellan Active Website Version 1.21 has been released.
If you are in the 1.5% of our users on IE 9 it’s time to rejoice! Otherwise, nothing here to see folks.
- Behind the scenes improvements – “what happens in DevOps, stays in DevOps“
- Resolved issue with Internet Explorer 9 (64 bit) where it asks to install the Magellan Active Browser Plugin even if it is already installed
Magellan Active API Version 1.16 has been released.
Just a few quick fixes. Sorry, not quite as exciting as Federer-Monfils.
- Updated time offset format of “uploaded_at” field in Activity Object Response in Activity Get Method from “±hh:mm” to “±hhmm” to be consistent with the rest of the timestamp fields
- Resolved issue with “activity_source” field (“.fit” or “.gpx”) missing from Activity Object Response in Activity Get Method
Magellan Active Website Version 1.20 has been released.
- Made various updates to the Magellan Echo Series Getting Started pages, including a compatible Devices page with information on Android support and compatible Applications including Jog Note and Men’s Health Personal Trainer
- Added AddApp to Apps using API Feature page.
- Resolved issue with Activity Name not updating on Activity page when value edited
Magellan Active API Version 1.15 has been released.
- Added “privacy” and “url” fields to the Activity Object and applicable Activity Method parameters
- Added User Object, User Get Method and User Edit Method
- Clarified “page” parameter for Activity Search Method
- Updated format for timestamp fields and parameters to ensure consistency across all objects and methods
- UTC (default): yyyy-MM-dd’T’hh:mm:ssZ
- Local (fields or parameters ending with “_local”): yyyy-MM-dd’T’hh:mm:ss±hhmm
- Changed the Activity Object field “name” to “activity_name” to differentiate from “location_name”
- Updated API Explorer and API Documentation to reflect all changes to the API
- Resolved bug with “uploader” field in Activity Object when an Activity is deleted and re-uploaded from a different source
- Resolved issue with uploading Activities using Activity Add Method not auto uploading to Facebook and Twitter if user has enabled the auto-post preferences to those applications
The Magellan Active website is built upon a powerful API that interacts with your activity data. As part of our pledge to empower developers to extend the functionality of the Magellan Active website and API, we allow key partners to add activities to Magellan Active from within their applications and also allow any developer you’ve granted authorization to retrieve all of your activity data. We’d like to highlight the latest partner to take your Magellan Active activity data and literally “run with it”. Meet Smashrun.
Smashrun is a data visualization platform that helps runners analyze their training progress. Importing Magellan data is as easy as linking a Magellan Active account. Once imported, runners can view a visual dashboard of their training history and be able to track their training consistency, volume, and effort distribution. Runners will also have access to daily ranks and badges for running achievements.
Connecting Magellan Active with Smashrun
- Once logged in to Smashrun, go to Settings > Sync > Magellan Active.
- Specify Email & Password for your Magellan user account.
- Select Connect.
- Smashrun will query for new runs.
Magellan Active Website Version 1.18 has been released.
- Updated translations for all supported languages.
- Added SmashRun to Apps using API Feature page.
- Resolved issue with disconnecting from Facebook & Twitter
- Corrected inconsistencies with word capitalization on Start pages.
- Fixed issue with favicon not showing on mobile version of website.
- Made various other bug fixes.
Magellan Active Website Version 1.17 has been released.
- Update Echo Getting Started page, remove Echo Customize page and add Echo Applications page
- Add new Apps supporting Echo to Echo Applications page (Golf Pad, AllTrails, iMobileIntervals)
- Add Echo Tutorial for iMobileIntervals
- Fixed layout issue of Navigation Menu with Mobile version of Echo Getting Started pages
- Updated URL for all references to FIT file protocol (Dynastream changed their URL)
Magellan Active API Version 1.13 has been released.
We’ve had 6 small releases now without a blog post, so here’s what’s new in versions 1.8 through 1.13. If you are not a developer and you try reading the change log your head may spin 360°, so consider this a warning to move on to your next reading task or enjoy the weather!
- Added “uploaded_at” and “uploader” response fields to Activity Object from Activity Get. If the activity was uploaded by a 3rd party app, this will be reflected in the “uploader” field.
- Added “min_updated_at” and “max_updated_at” parameters to Activity Search and “updated_at” response field to the Activity Object from Activity Get. By default, the “updated_at” response field is null by for old activities and “uploaded_at” for new activities. The field is updated when the activity has been deleted or edited.
- Added support for GPX files with missing <ele> tags in first and last <trkpt> elements. This was found with a GPX file exported from Endomondo.
- In addition to Wahoo Fitness, iSmoothRun was given activity add/edit/delete permissions to users who grant Magellan Active access to their apps. Both apps support “Upload to Magellan Active” in their iOS apps.
- Made various performance improvements.
- Fixed issue with Activity search options for “units” parameter. Options were “metric” & “imperial”, but should have been “metric” & “statute”.
- Corrected issue with Activity Search “max_results” response field which was documented as intended but implemented as “results_limit”.
- Updated time format for all timestamp parameters and response fields to “<YYYY>-<MM>-<DD>T<HH>:<MM>:<SS>” in order to be consistent.
- Updated Activity Search documentation of options for “activity_source” parameter & response fields. It was documented as “gpx” & “fit”, but it was implemented as “.gpx” & “.fit”. We are going to change them to their original intended values of “gpx” & “fit” in an upcoming release and update the values for existing activities.
- Updated some inaccuracies in the API documentation for responses in xml format. Other than User Access Token response, all XML responses are wrapped in <xml> elements, not <root> elements.
Magellan Active Website Version 1.16 has been released.
We’ve had 5 small releases now without a blog post, so here’s what’s new in versions 1.12 through 1.16. Biggest change was adding support for change password and forgot password without having to go to www.magellangps.com.
- Added support for forgot password and change password without having to go to www.magellangps.com
- Added iSmoothRun to Apps using API page
- Made various performance improvements
- Hid the AddThis bar on Activity page when user changes privacy to private without requiring page refresh
- Fixed value of “Uploaded From” field on Activity Page when uploaded from a 3rd party app
- Corrected issue with back button support when viewing Session or Lap within an Activity
- Fixed issue with Reset Zoom button not showing on maximized view of Activity Page
- Resolved issue with back button support on Features page
- Corrected Strava support link on Echo Getting Started page
- Fixed grammatical errors and icon assignment on Echo Getting Started page
- Resolved multiple UI issues with mobile version of Echo Getting Started pages
- Corrected page not found error response code (was 500, should be 404)