The Magellan Echo Utility Android App Version 1.0.7 has been released for Android devices 4.4 and higher.
The Magellan Echo Utility Android App 1.0.7, used for testing and configuring Magellan Echo Series devices and accessories, is now live on Google Play. For a full list of supported devices, visit: http://active.magellangps.com/echo/devices
We’re excited to announce that Android support is now available for Echo. If you have an Android smartphone that meets the minimum requirements, you can now see real-time metrics from the Wahoo Fitness app and control your music on Echo.
Minimum Smartphone requirements:
- Android 4.4 or later operating system
- Bluetooth 4.0
Today, Echo works with the Wahoo Fitness app on Android. If you know the Wahoo Fitness app, you know that it’s extremely powerful and customizable, and the integration with Echo continues on that promise. With the app, you can customize Echo data screens to show the metrics of your choice. You can even customize the button functions. If you like the start/stop function on the bottom-right button, you can do it. Everything is configurable to your liking, even your uploads. You can send your data to the service of your choice (including: Magellan Active, Strava, MapMyRun, RunKeeper, Nike+ and many more). We’re already working with other app partners and we’re excited to announce their Android support as it becomes available.
Wahoo Fitness – Android
– A running, cycling and fitness app that harnesses the awesome power of your Android device to transform the way you ride, run and reach your training and fitness goals.
– Sends real-time metrics to Magellan Echo
– Uploads activities to Magellan Active, Strava, MapMyRun, RunKeeper, Nike+ and more
In addition to the Wahoo Fitness app, you should also download the Magellan Utility App. You’ll use this app to change watchfaces and update your Echo firmware.
Magellan Echo Utility
– Configure Echo
– Change watchfaces
– Update Echo firmware
We’re very happy to be supporting Android and thrilled to extend the Echo platform to a new audience.
Now that the Android SDK has been developed, we encourage developers to contact us at ﬁtness@magellangps.com to learn more.
The Magellan Echo Utility Android App Version 1.0 has been released.
The Magellan Echo Utility Android App, used for testing and configuring Magellan Echo Series devices and accessories, is now live on Google Play.
Since the launch of Echo, we’ve been overwhelmed with your excitement for the product. We’ve been working hard to improve the product with your feature requests and improvements. We recently released a device software update with new watchfaces, stopwatch, and UI improvements.
The number one question we get right now is,”When will Echo work with Android?” The answer is soon. We are now targeting a July release. Believe me, we want it as bad as you. We’re eager to spread Echo joy throughout the Android community.
On a positive note, we’re adding more smartphones to the list. When we launch, Echo will work with the following. Other Android smartphones that meet the minimum requirement may also work, but the following will be tested and official supported:
- Samsung Galaxy S4
- Samsung Galaxy S5
- Motorola Moto E
- Motorola Moto G
- Motorola Moto X
- HTC One (2013)
- HTC One (M8)
- LG G2
- LG Nexus 5
The above phones must meet the minimum requirement of:
- Android 4.3 or later operating system
- Bluetooth 4.0 or later
Thanks for your patience. We’ll keep you posted as we get closer to the release.
The Magellan Echo Utility iOS App Version 1.10.12 has been released.
The Magellan Echo Utility for iOS has been updated to support a soon to be released Echo Device Software Version that adds back in the original digital watch face. Simply update your Magellan Echo Utility for iOS through the AppStore.
- Renamed Clock option “Digital” to “Modern”.
- Added additional Clock option “Traditional” for soon to be released Echo Device Software Version 18.104.22.168.
Updating your Magellan Echo Utility iOS App to Version 1.1.12 will not install the Echo Device Software Version that adds back in the digital watch face, it just contains changes that are necessary to support that Echo Device Software Version.
Users can change watch faces on their Magellan Echo with the Echo Utility App. Instructions below.
- Echo Device
- Compatible Smartphone
- Magellan Echo Utility App installed into Compatible Smartphone.
- iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch (G5), iPad Mini, iPad (G3 and G4)
Note: Be sure to enable Bluetooth on your device.
- On the Compatible Smartphone, after the installation of the Magellan Echo Utility App, tap on Echo Utility.
- On the Compatible Smartphone, where the 3 watches are tap Connect. The orange rectangle below shows the location of the tap.
- On Echo device, switch to pairing mode by either holding any button and pressing the top left button once the menu appears. (Older versions will need to hold the top left button and will not need to press another button)
- On Echo device, the device will immediately go into Pair Feature.
- Wait a few moments and the Compatible Smartphone and the Echo device prompt the pair message on Echo device. Press the right bottom button to accept the pairing if this is the first time paring. (If you are using Echo Firmware that is not the same as the latest public version, a software update popup will appear, with the Compatible Smartphone. Tap Cancel to preserve your current version.)
- On the Compatible Smartphone, tap Display Settings. The orange rectangle below shows the location of the tap.
- On the Compatible Smartphone, Tap one of the available options under Clock. A green check will indicate which watch face Echo is currently using.
- Echo will automatically save changes. You may choose to exit by holding any button. (For older versions, hold the top left button).
Current Options (version 22.214.171.124)
The Magellan Echo Stopwatch Feature supports the following in an easy to use interface Read below to learn more.
- actions: start, pause, resume, lap split, reset
- data: timer time, current lap/split #, and current lap/split time
NOTE: Echo stopwatch does not store lap/split history or keep a log of timer usage history for review.
How do I Access the Stopwatch Feature?
How do I Start, Pause, and Reset the Stopwatch?
To start an activity, press the bottom right or the bottom left button. The activity timer will start. To pause an activity, press the bottom right button while the activity timer is counting up. Press the bottom right button again to resume the activity timer. To reset an activity, first pause the activity timer by pressing the bottom right button. Then press the bottom left button when the stopwatch is paused to reset the activity.
How do I trigger a new lap/split?
While the activity timer is counting, press the bottom left button to trigger a new lap/split.
What do the numbers on the Stopwatch represent?
- The smaller number on the top left is the lap/split counter. It will also show the previous lap/split number for the first 5 seconds after triggering a new lap/split.
- The medium sized number on the top right will show the current lap/split time. It will also show the previous lap/split time for the first 5 seconds after triggering a new lap/split.
- The number in the center is the total timer time (elapsed time minus paused time).
The Magellan Echo Utility iOS App Version 1.1.10 has been released.
The Magellan Echo Utility for iOS has been updated to support a soon to be released Echo Device Software Version that includes a user interface overhaul. Simply update your Magellan Echo Utility for iOS through the AppStore.
- Updated Echo Device Software string translations for soon to be released Echo Device Software Version 126.96.36.199.
Updating your Magellan Echo Utility iOS App to Version 1.1.10 will not install the Echo Device Software Version that includes a user interface overhaul, it just contains changes that are necessary to support that Echo Device Software Version.
Magellan Echo Device Software Version 188.8.131.52 has been released.
The Magellan Echo has been updated to include a Stopwatch, Menu Screen, and completely overhauled user interface. Press and hold any button from the Watch Screen to access the Menu Screen, and subsequently press and hold any button to exit back to the Watch Screen. From the Menu, you can choose to Search for a compatible app on a compatible smartphone (top-left button), or enter the Stopwatch (top-right button).
To install the the latest Echo firmware, perform the following steps:
- Download the free Magellan Echo Utility from the Apple AppStore on your compatible iOS device.
- Launch the Echo Utility application.
- In the Echo Utility, Tap Connect next to the Echo product image.
- On the Echo device, hold the any button for 1 second to enable Search mode.
- On the Echo device, a screen will appear asking to confirm connection with the Echo Utility. Confirm the connection by pressing the bottom right button. The Echo device will automatically re-connect with the most recently connected application, so this screen may not appear every time.
- On the Echo device, wait for the sync to complete. Syncing may not be necessary for subsequent connections.
- In the Echo Utility, a popup will appear with the latest version and release notes asking the user to update. Tap OK.
- The update will begin and will take approximately 10 minutes. After the update has completed, an Update Successful screen will appear and the user can confirm this screen by pressing any button. The device will restart using the updated firmware.
Note: If your Echo is up to date, no update prompt will appear.
- Added a Stopwatch Feature.
- Added a menu screen. Hold any button for 1 second for it to appear.
- Changed the transition from Watch Feature to Search Mode to include an intermediate step to the menu screen.
- Changed Digital Watch Mode appearance
- Changed Analog Watch Mode appearance
- Changed the user interface.
- Removed the Weekly Total wording from the watch mode.
Magellan Active Website Version 1.17 has been released.
- Update Echo Getting Started page, remove Echo Customize page and add Echo Applications page
- Add new Apps supporting Echo to Echo Applications page (Golf Pad, AllTrails, iMobileIntervals)
- Add Echo Tutorial for iMobileIntervals
- Fixed layout issue of Navigation Menu with Mobile version of Echo Getting Started pages
- Updated URL for all references to FIT file protocol (Dynastream changed their URL)