Magellan Active Website Version 1.22 has been released.
Magellan Active now supports the OAuth authorization protocol for granting other websites and applications access to your Magellan Active data. This means you will no longer have to supply another website or application with your Magellan username and password in order for them to access your data. The old authorization method still works, but it will no longer be supported at some point in the future, so we will work with websites and applications to move them over to the new authorization method.
Magellan Active Website Version 1.21 has been released.
If you are in the 1.5% of our users on IE 9 it’s time to rejoice! Otherwise, nothing here to see folks.
- Behind the scenes improvements – “what happens in DevOps, stays in DevOps“
- Resolved issue with Internet Explorer 9 (64 bit) where it asks to install the Magellan Active Browser Plugin even if it is already installed
Magellan Active API Version 1.16 has been released.
Just a few quick fixes. Sorry, not quite as exciting as Federer-Monfils.
- Updated time offset format of “uploaded_at” field in Activity Object Response in Activity Get Method from “±hh:mm” to “±hhmm” to be consistent with the rest of the timestamp fields
- Resolved issue with “activity_source” field (“.fit” or “.gpx”) missing from Activity Object Response in Activity Get Method
The Magellan Echo Utility Android App Version 1.0.7 has been released for Android devices 4.4 and higher.
The Magellan Echo Utility Android App 1.0.7, used for testing and configuring Magellan Echo Series devices and accessories, is now live on Google Play. For a full list of supported devices, visit: http://active.magellangps.com/echo/devices
We’re excited to announce that Android support is now available for Echo. If you have an Android smartphone that meets the minimum requirements, you can now see real-time metrics from the Wahoo Fitness app and control your music on Echo.
Minimum Smartphone requirements:
- Android 4.4 or later operating system
- Bluetooth 4.0
Today, Echo works with the Wahoo Fitness app on Android. If you know the Wahoo Fitness app, you know that it’s extremely powerful and customizable, and the integration with Echo continues on that promise. With the app, you can customize Echo data screens to show the metrics of your choice. You can even customize the button functions. If you like the start/stop function on the bottom-right button, you can do it. Everything is configurable to your liking, even your uploads. You can send your data to the service of your choice (including: Magellan Active, Strava, MapMyRun, RunKeeper, Nike+ and many more). We’re already working with other app partners and we’re excited to announce their Android support as it becomes available.
Wahoo Fitness – Android
– A running, cycling and fitness app that harnesses the awesome power of your Android device to transform the way you ride, run and reach your training and fitness goals.
– Sends real-time metrics to Magellan Echo
– Uploads activities to Magellan Active, Strava, MapMyRun, RunKeeper, Nike+ and more
In addition to the Wahoo Fitness app, you should also download the Magellan Utility App. You’ll use this app to change watchfaces and update your Echo firmware.
Magellan Echo Utility
– Configure Echo
– Change watchfaces
– Update Echo firmware
We’re very happy to be supporting Android and thrilled to extend the Echo platform to a new audience.
Now that the Android SDK has been developed, we encourage developers to contact us at ﬁtness@magellangps.com to learn more.
The Magellan Echo Utility Android App Version 1.0 has been released.
The Magellan Echo Utility Android App, used for testing and configuring Magellan Echo Series devices and accessories, is now live on Google Play.
Magellan Active Website Version 1.20 has been released.
- Made various updates to the Magellan Echo Series Getting Started pages, including a compatible Devices page with information on Android support and compatible Applications including Jog Note and Men’s Health Personal Trainer
- Added AddApp to Apps using API Feature page.
- Resolved issue with Activity Name not updating on Activity page when value edited
Magellan Active API Version 1.15 has been released.
- Added “privacy” and “url” fields to the Activity Object and applicable Activity Method parameters
- Added User Object, User Get Method and User Edit Method
- Clarified “page” parameter for Activity Search Method
- Updated format for timestamp fields and parameters to ensure consistency across all objects and methods
- UTC (default): yyyy-MM-dd’T’hh:mm:ssZ
- Local (fields or parameters ending with “_local”): yyyy-MM-dd’T’hh:mm:ss±hhmm
- Changed the Activity Object field “name” to “activity_name” to differentiate from “location_name”
- Updated API Explorer and API Documentation to reflect all changes to the API
- Resolved bug with “uploader” field in Activity Object when an Activity is deleted and re-uploaded from a different source
- Resolved issue with uploading Activities using Activity Add Method not auto uploading to Facebook and Twitter if user has enabled the auto-post preferences to those applications
Since the launch of Echo, we’ve been overwhelmed with your excitement for the product. We’ve been working hard to improve the product with your feature requests and improvements. We recently released a device software update with new watchfaces, stopwatch, and UI improvements.
The number one question we get right now is,”When will Echo work with Android?” The answer is soon. We are now targeting a July release. Believe me, we want it as bad as you. We’re eager to spread Echo joy throughout the Android community.
On a positive note, we’re adding more smartphones to the list. When we launch, Echo will work with the following. Other Android smartphones that meet the minimum requirement may also work, but the following will be tested and official supported:
- Samsung Galaxy S4
- Samsung Galaxy S5
- Motorola Moto E
- Motorola Moto G
- Motorola Moto X
- HTC One (2013)
- HTC One (M8)
- LG G2
- LG Nexus 5
The above phones must meet the minimum requirement of:
- Android 4.3 or later operating system
- Bluetooth 4.0 or later
Thanks for your patience. We’ll keep you posted as we get closer to the release.
The Magellan Echo Utility iOS App Version 1.10.12 has been released.
The Magellan Echo Utility for iOS has been updated to support a soon to be released Echo Device Software Version that adds back in the original digital watch face. Simply update your Magellan Echo Utility for iOS through the AppStore.
- Renamed Clock option “Digital” to “Modern”.
- Added additional Clock option “Traditional” for soon to be released Echo Device Software Version 184.108.40.206.
Updating your Magellan Echo Utility iOS App to Version 1.1.12 will not install the Echo Device Software Version that adds back in the digital watch face, it just contains changes that are necessary to support that Echo Device Software Version.