Magellan Active API Version 1.13 has been released.
We’ve had 6 small releases now without a blog post, so here’s what’s new in versions 1.8 through 1.13. If you are not a developer and you try reading the change log your head may spin 360°, so consider this a warning to move on to your next reading task or enjoy the weather!
- Added “uploaded_at” and “uploader” response fields to Activity Object from Activity Get. If the activity was uploaded by a 3rd party app, this will be reflected in the “uploader” field.
- Added “min_updated_at” and “max_updated_at” parameters to Activity Search and “updated_at” response field to the Activity Object from Activity Get. By default, the “updated_at” response field is null by for old activities and “uploaded_at” for new activities. The field is updated when the activity has been deleted or edited.
- Added support for GPX files with missing <ele> tags in first and last <trkpt> elements. This was found with a GPX file exported from Endomondo.
- In addition to Wahoo Fitness, iSmoothRun was given activity add/edit/delete permissions to users who grant Magellan Active access to their apps. Both apps support “Upload to Magellan Active” in their iOS apps.
- Made various performance improvements.
- Fixed issue with Activity search options for “units” parameter. Options were “metric” & “imperial”, but should have been “metric” & “statute”.
- Corrected issue with Activity Search “max_results” response field which was documented as intended but implemented as “results_limit”.
- Updated time format for all timestamp parameters and response fields to “<YYYY>-<MM>-<DD>T<HH>:<MM>:<SS>” in order to be consistent.
- Updated Activity Search documentation of options for “activity_source” parameter & response fields. It was documented as “gpx” & “fit”, but it was implemented as “.gpx” & “.fit”. We are going to change them to their original intended values of “gpx” & “fit” in an upcoming release and update the values for existing activities.
- Updated some inaccuracies in the API documentation for responses in xml format. Other than User Access Token response, all XML responses are wrapped in <xml> elements, not <root> elements.
Magellan Active Website Version 1.16 has been released.
We’ve had 5 small releases now without a blog post, so here’s what’s new in versions 1.12 through 1.16. Biggest change was adding support for change password and forgot password without having to go to www.magellangps.com.
- Added support for forgot password and change password without having to go to www.magellangps.com
- Added iSmoothRun to Apps using API page
- Made various performance improvements
- Hid the AddThis bar on Activity page when user changes privacy to private without requiring page refresh
- Fixed value of “Uploaded From” field on Activity Page when uploaded from a 3rd party app
- Corrected issue with back button support when viewing Session or Lap within an Activity
- Fixed issue with Reset Zoom button not showing on maximized view of Activity Page
- Resolved issue with back button support on Features page
- Corrected Strava support link on Echo Getting Started page
- Fixed grammatical errors and icon assignment on Echo Getting Started page
- Resolved multiple UI issues with mobile version of Echo Getting Started pages
- Corrected page not found error response code (was 500, should be 404)