Magellan Echo Device Software Version 126.96.36.199 Released
The Magellan Echo device firmware version 188.8.131.52 has been released.
The focus of this update was to add Chinese and Japanese language support for system screens and alerts and improve European language translations.
To install the the latest Echo firmware, perform the following steps:
- Download the free Magellan Echo Utility from the Apple AppStore on your compatible iOS device.
- Launch the Echo Utility application.
- In the Echo Utility, Tap Connect next to the Echo product image.
- On the Echo device, hold the top left button for 1 second to enable Search mode.
- On the Echo device, a screen will appear asking to confirm connection with the Echo Utility. Confirm the connection by pressing the bottom right button. The Echo device will automatically re-connect with the most recently connected application, so this screen may not appear every time.
- On the Echo device, wait for the sync to complete. Syncing may not be necessary for subsequent connections.
- In the Echo Utility, a popup will appear with the latest version and release notes asking the user to update. Tap OK.
- The update will begin and will take approximately 10 minutes. After the update has completed, an Update Successful screen will appear and the user can confirm this screen by pressing any button. The device will restart using the updated firmware.
Note: If your Echo is up to date, no update prompt will appear.
- Added Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and Japanese language support.
- Added an Update Successful Screen when device has successfully updated.
- Changed device behavior to remain searching unless BTLE status code is “Remote User Terminated Connection” (0x013).
- Added an Update Failed icon when device encounters an issue with updating.
- Added a symbol for characters unrecognizable by firmware.
- Improved European Language translations.
- Fixed an issue that caused values to truncate to “…” when values exceed given amount of space.
- Fixed an issue with transparent areas showing as non-transparent.
- Fixed an issue with the device not preserving system settings when the battery is removed.