Magellan Switch Series Device Software Update 2 Released
Magellan Switch Series Device Software Update 2 has been released.
To install the update, perform the following steps.
- Connect your Switch Series device to your computer’s USB port using the Switch Charging/Data Cradle.
- Visit the Magellan Active website and log in.
- Click on the Upload button.
- If your device is not using the latest software, a banner will display instructing you to update your software.
- Perform the steps to download and install the update.
If you have any issues updating your device software using Magellan Active, you can manually download and install the update directly from our support site.
This is the second software update for the Magellan Switch Series. We promised we would begin to release updates more frequently than the first and this trend will continue for the immediate future. The most important change in this update is that we implemented SiRF Instant Fix Technology (CGEE). This improves initial GPS acquisition times by saving future satellite positioning information while the device is operating. This means you must use the device once after the update in order for it to save this information and make future GPS acquisition times faster. A variety of factors impact GPS acquisition times, but you should notice a big improvement.
This update will unfortunately clear your history and settings because we have to re-partition the flash memory to make room for certain features. There’s actually a manual procedure for backing up and restoring your history and settings if you want to go through the effort to retain your data.
- Improved GPS acquisition times by implementing SiRF Instant Fix Technology (CGEE).
- Improvements made to distance measurements by displaying meters and feet below .10mi and .10KM instead of .25mi and .25km respectively.
- Fixed issue with Oceania Time Zone fix.
- Fixed an issue with average cadence.