Magellan Switch Series Device Software Update 4 Released
Magellan Switch Series Device Software Update 4 has been released.
To install the update, perform the following steps.
- Connect your Switch Series device to your computer’s USB port using the Switch Charging/Data Cradle.
- Visit the Magellan Active website and log in.
- Click on the Upload button.
- If your device is not using the latest software, a banner will display instructing you to update your software.
- Perform the steps to download and install the update.
If you have any issues updating your device software using Magellan Active, you can manually download and install the update directly from our support site.
This is the fourth software update for the Magellan Switch Series. It includes major improvements to device performance and current speed & pace accuracy.
This update will clear your history and settings if you are not already on the second software update (20.58) because we have to re-partition the flash memory to make room for certain features. There’s actually a manual procedure for backing up and restoring your history and settings if you want to go through the effort to retain your data.
- Improved overall system performance including button press reaction time and menu system navigation.
- Improved accuracy of Instantaneous Speed and Pace measurements.